Ph: Small armchair Madame – Emilio Pucci edition by Kartell, design Philippe Starck, 2014
Madame, the armchair designed by Philippe Starck for Kartell, was already a stylish piece. However, it’s even more irresistible now it’s wearing the 2015 collection, by fashion designer Emilio Pucci and inspired by the city of Milan.
- What is it? Madame – World of Emilio Pucci Edition is an armchair designed by Philippe Starck; upholstered in a limited edition print inspired by the city of Milan and designed by Pucci. Part of the same collection, Cities of the World by Emilio Pucci, are also versions inspired by the cities of Paris, Rome, Shanghai and New York.
- What it special about it? Madame – World of Emilio Pucci Edition is an extraordinary and fitting tribute to the city of Milan, seen as a fashion and design metropolis. In fact, this print is illustrated with two of the most important architectural symbols of this metropolis: the front elevation of the Duomo and the evocative dome of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. And this, was designed by one of the most “en vogue” fashion designers around.
- How is it made? Frame in either clear or block-coloured polycarbonate, seat in polyurethane, upholstered in 100% cotton.
- Who is it by? Emilio Pucci is a charismatic fashion designer, who is often inspired by landscapes (and in fact, he has designed Cities of the World, a special limited edition foulards collection, which illustrates like travel postcards some of the most important cities around the world). In project, Pucci is partnered with Kartell, one of the most renowned Italian design brands, which constantly amazes us without ever losing its identity. And this results, in a perfect union between fashion and design .
- We have chosen it because… Expo 2015 has been a vital ally during this project. In fact, it has shun a light on the city of Milan and has helped us to rediscover its beauty and our love, which was already more or less declared, not just for design but also for fashion. And this is why we love this armchair. What’s more, Madame – World of Emilio Pucci Edition and its “cosmopolite variations”, is extremely successful is taking us on a virtual journey around some of the most beautiful cities in the world.