The pandemic exponentially increased our desire for a comforting home, relaxation and caresses. So, the options for this type of home have themselves been multiplied. For example, there is this sculptural and comforting armchair which becomes a personal harbor for our new physical and emotional needs.
- What it is Harbor Laidback by B&B Italia, the new armchair dedicated to comfort.
- What makes it special The latest arrival in the Harbor family created in 2017, this armchair hides a technical mechanism which reclines the backrest and rotates the base, offering us the most in comfort. It is a mechanical armchair which focuses on elegance with prized materials and haute couture details.
- How it is made It is an armchair with a four-spoke rotating base which plays with comforting details: enveloping armrests, a padded headrest, a zipper that crosses the backrest, a footrest or round ottoman with a wooden tray. An extension of the Harbor family created in 2017, it has a reclinable backrest which is simultaneously activated with the movement of the rotating base through a hidden mechanism in the structure.
- Whose idea it is Naoto Fukasawa, a Japanese designer who is considered to be one of the most famous on the contemporary scene. Born in 1956 and graduated in 1980, he founded his studio in Tokyo in 2003 after various working experiences abroad and today collaborates with leading design agencies, always opting for a minimalist and organic approach to design.
- We chose it because… It has a comforting and enveloping form which interprets the concept of comfort and relaxation well. Yet it also has enhanced and contemporary elegance which pulls back on the aesthetics of the past in order to offer us a sleeker and more dynamic seat which is capable of embracing us while following our movements.
BROWSE THE GALLERY